This activity is in The Best of Martha Stewart Living's Holiday Issue.
- green and silver rickrack (or any colors you choose)
- cardstock or other heavy paper for card
- ribbon for bow (optional)
- Cut a rectangle from cardstock and fold in half.
- Cut 2 pieces of rickrack the same size (1 green + 1 silver).
- Twist the 2 strands together to make one striped piece.
- Glue the new striped piece on the front of the card in the shape of a wreath.
- Allow time for the glue to dry.
- Make a small bow with ribbon and glue it to the wreath. (Optional)
- Write a holiday greeting inside the card!
- Give or send the card to a special person.
- Don't forget to write "Handmade by_______" on the back of the card! :)
The children might enjoy listening to holiday music while making their cards and/or reading some holiday books as the glue dries on their cards.
To view a rickrack candy cane, click here. To view a rickrack holiday tree, click here.