- Cut several different sizes of yarn. The longest piece of yarn has to be shorter than the width of the paper or card stock.
- Put the yarn pieces in order from smallest to largest.
- Place and glue the yarn on the paper or card stock (horizontally) with the shortest piece on top and longest piece on the bottom.
- Cut one or more small pieces of yard for the stem. Turn it vertically and glue it at the base of the tree!
If you're looking for a curriculum tie in, here are a few.
- Math - Review vocabulary: smallest, largest, horizontal, vertical
- Science - Parts of a tree: stem, branches, leaves, trunk, roots
- Language Arts - Read some cool fiction or non-fiction books about trees.
To view a Ribbon Tree, Click here.