- construction paper
- shape templates (or older students can draw the shapes freehand)
- cotton balls (approx. 2)
- crayons or markers (to draw eyes and nose)
Shapes and Sizes
1 extra large heart - for the body including the legs
1 large heart - cut in half - for 2 arms
3 medium hearts (1 boots, 1 beard, 1 cap)
2 small hearts - for the gloves
1 circle - face
1 rectangle - belt
1 rectangle (with a smaller rectangle cut out of the middle) - belt buckle
- Trace or draw the shapes onto construction paper.
- Cut out all the shapes.
- Use the shapes to construct Santa. (See picture above.)
- Glue the shapes together.
- Glue cotton balls to Santa's cap.
The children might enjoy listening to holiday music while creating their Santa Claus craft and reading some holiday books about Santa after they complete their craft project.
Enjoy holiday crafting!