Here is a COOL REINDEER the kids can make from HEART SHAPES!
- brown paper
- heart templates (older kids could draw their own hearts)
- 2 google eyes or black marker
- red pom pom or red marker
- 3 large (head, body, back legs)
- 1 medium (front legs)
- 4 small (antennae)
- Trace or draw the heart shapes onto construction paper.
- Cut out all the shapes.
- Cut 1 large heart, 1 medium heart, and 2 small hearts in half (so that the 2 parts are symmetrical).
- Use the shapes to construct the reindeer. (See picture above.)
- Glue the shapes together.
- Glue the google eyes and pom pom nose onto the reindeer or draw eyes and a nose with a marker.
The kids might enjoy listening to holiday music and singing songs while making their reindeer and reading some holiday books after completing their craft project.