Pan Pipes are a simple wind instrument. When they are played, the air inside the tubes (straws) vibrates to make a sound.
- 6-8 straws per person
- cardboard or heavy oaktag paper
- Cut 2 rectangular pieces of cardboard for each instrument (approx. 6 inches by 1 1/2 inches)
- Place and glue the straws on one of the pieces of cardboard, leaving approx. 1 inch above the cardboard
- Glue the other piece of cardboard over the first piece of cardboard. The straws will now be between both pieces of cardboard.
- Trim the bottom of the straws with a scissors so that each one is a little shorter than the one before it.
- Have the straws facing downward and hold the straws to your mouth as you blow across the tops to make MUSIC.
Other wind instruments: flute, clarinet, trombone, saxophone