Science and Mathematics
- In this activity, children can conduct a survey to find out their family and/or friends' favorite musical instruments then record the data on a frequency chart.
- Older students can follow up the activity by making a graph to display their data.
- clipboard or notebook
- crayons or markers
- Have students poll their family and friends as to their favorite musical instruments. They should mark a tally for each vote, then record this data (information) on a frequency chart.
- Older children could use the data from the frequency chart to create a bar or other graph to display their results.The graph should include:
~ columns (equal to the number of instruments)
~ 2 labeled axis
~a numerical scale starting at zero
- Finally students should explain their data (oral or written). Which instrument had the most votes? Which instrument had the fewest votes? Etc.
- More advanced math students can also find the mean, medium, mode, maximum, minimum, and range for the data.