A SPHERE is a geometric solid or 3D shape.
Features: A sphere is a curved solid figure with no faces, edges, or vertices (corners).
- Read books about spheres and other 3D Shapes.
- Have students observe a sphere(s) manipulative(s) or picture(s) of a sphere(s). Discuss its properties.
- Have students describe the features of a sphere.
- Have students search their home or classroom to find examples of spheres. How many can they find?
- Have students use clay and other arts and crafts materials to create spheres.
Have fun with geometry!