Here is a cool slide show from Scholastic Study Jams that explains more about similar figures. Click on the link below.
~ Similar Figures
- Distribute different shapes to students (paper, plastic, etc.). Have students find the shapes that are similar.
- Have students use manipulatives to create similar figures. They could use popsicle sticks, craft sticks, toothpicks, pretzels, etc.
- Have students use geoboards to create similar shapes.
- Have students use dotted grid paper to create similar shapes.
- Have students create similar shapes with art materials. (crayons, colored pencils, drawing paper, construction paper, rulers, scissors, etc.)
Have fun with math!