A PRISM is a 3D Shape or Geometric Solid.
- Rectangular Prisms - made of 6 rectangular faces.
- Triangular Prisms - made of 3 rectangular faces and 2 triangular bases
- Pentagonal Prisms - made of 5 rectangular faces and 2 pentagonal bases
- Hexagonal Prism - made of 6 rectangular faces and 2 hexagonal bases
- Octagonal Prism - made of 8 rectangular faces and 2 octagonal bases
- Read books about prisms and other 3D Shapes.
- Have students observe prism manipulatives or pictures of a prisms. Discuss their properties. Have students describe the features of different prisms.
|Hexagonal Prism and Octagonal Prism|
- Have students look in their homes or classrooms for examples of prisms. How many can they find?
- Have students create prisms with Arts and Crafts Materials.
- Have students create prisms with NETS (2D representations of 3D figures).
Have fun with math!