Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fun Positive and Negative Numbers Hopscotch

Kids love to play Hopscotch! Here's a simple way to turn it into a fun math lesson. Shhhhh! Don't tell the kids it's a math lesson! It's just a NEW Hopscotch Game ..... Great for outdoors ... Great for summer!







First play Hopscotch the usual way then suggest making The Hopscotch showing the numbers Less Than Zero. Add in Zero and the Negative Numbers to your Hopscotch. Now the kids can have TWICE the FUN and learn some new vocabulary!!!

Take turns playing with the Positive Numbers, then play with the Negative Numbers




In an earlier post, I wrote about a really cute book that teaches young kids about positive and negative numbers, you can read that post here.

Have fun this summer! :)


8 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to do this when we go to the park!
    Thanks for linking up to my Super Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for making math fun to learn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Went to your site. Love your Old Glory dresser!!! WOW!
      Marcia :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love it! We'd love for you to join the party at Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! I know my readers will like your ideas as well! :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-12-summer-series-preview/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation. I just posted on your site and added your button to my Hops Page.
      Have a gr8 weekend!
      Marcia

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...