|3+4 = 7 and 5+7 = 12 .... 5+7 = 12 has the larger SUM and wins the round|
Materials - 1 deck of cards
Vocabulary: addition, add, addends, sum, total, (compute)
Directions to set-up the game.
- From a deck of cards you will need all the cards numbered from 2-10. (4 of each)
- Use the Aces as ones.
- Use the Jacks, Queens, or Kings as zeros.
Directions to Play
- Shuffle the cards.
- Place the deck of cards on a flat surface number-side down.
- Each player takes 2 cards.
- Players turn over their 2 cards (the addends) and adds them together to compute the answer (the sum/total).
- The player with the larger sum takes all the 4 cards from that round.
- In case of a tie, each player takes 2 more cards and the player with the larger sum takes all 8 of the cards.
- The game ends when all the cards in the deck have been used.
- The player with the most cards wins.
Have fun with math!