Spiders are arachids, members of the arthropod family.
In a previous post we made egg carton spiders from recycled materials.
In this post, we will make a web for our spiders.
- Cut 4 equal length pieces of string. (your choice of size: small, medium,or LARGE)
- Find the middle of the string pieces and tie them all together in a small knot.
- Place the string on a large table or the floor.
- With the knot as the middle, spread out the 8 sections of string approximately equal distance apart.
- Use more string to knot and loosely connect the 8 sections of string. (see pictures)
- Let the kids add their recycled spiders to their new home on the web.
The web can be made with different colors of string or yarn, etc. It can placed on a table, on a wall, over a door, on a bulletin board, etc.