- paper plate (red, if available) or white plate + red paint
- black paint
- paint brush(es)
- google eyes (optional) or white paint or 2 small white paper circles + glue
- If your paper plate is not red, you will first need to paint it red and let it dry.
- Paint a curved line about 1/4 of the way up from the edge of the plate and paint that section black. This will be the ladybug's head.
- Draw a thin black line from the back edge of the plate to the center of the black painted section of the plate (the head).
- Widen this line gradually from the head section to the back of the plate.
- Paint some dots on the ladybug.
- Stick on google eyes or paint 2 white eyes on the head or glue on 2 small white paper circles.
For younger children, you may want them to use a black marker or a black crayon instead of paint.
Read some good books ( fiction or nonfiction) about ladybugs and other insects.