- small wooden butterfly shapes
- glitter glue
- magnetic tape
- Cut magnetic tape to the same width as the wooden butterfly shape.
- Attach the magnetic tape to the back of the butterfly shape.
- Have students decorate the butterflies with glitter glue.
- Allow the glue time to dry (sometimes 24 hours!!!)
- Use the butterfly as a magnet on refrigerators, etc.
Math Extension (for older students)
- Have the students use symmetry when decorating their butterfly.
Reading and Science Extensions
- Read books about butterflies and the butterfly life cycle.