Arts and Crafts Project: Invertebrate Sea Animals
The children might like making these paper Sea Anemones.
Sea Anemones come in lots of colors!
- recycled toilet paper roll
- tissue paper
- Use a full toilet paper roll or cut a roll into halves or thirds.
- Cut a piece of tissue paper so that it wraps around the roll several times and is approximately twice as long as the roll.
- Place the roll on one edge of the paper and add a little glue.
- Completely wrap the paper around the roll.
- Glue the end.
- Use the scissors to make thin slits in the top section of the paper (that is longer than the roll).
The children can also make some paper clownfish or use clownfish toys to place in the tentacles of their sea anemones.
An earlier post has information about sea anemones (animals without a backbone) and links to a cool video. Click here.
Read books about sea anemones (and clownfish).