Science, Mathematics, and Art Activity
Symmetry is when a figure can be folded so that the 2 parts are the mirror image of each other.
- Fold a piece of paper down the middle lengthwise (from top to bottom).
- Start at the fold and draw one side of a butterfly.
- Cut out your butterfly. Do NOT cut on the fold!
- Open the paper.
- Paint one side of the butterfly with a cool design of your choice.
- While the paper is still wet, fold the paper down the middle again along the crease (from top to bottom).
- Unfold your paper.
- Admire your beautiful symmetrical design!
- What other animals have symmetry?