- Have each child choose an animal class (group). (Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians, Etc.)
- Next they need to collect pictures of animals in that classification.
- They can cut out pictures from old magazines, download pictures from the internet, draw their own pictures or use pictures taken with their camera.
- Then they should paste the pictures on a poster board (cardboard) and label each animal.
- Older students can research and list the characteristics for their animal class (group) and even give an oral presentation. If technology is available, older students can present their work in a slide show format.
Animal Classes: mammals, reptiles, amphibians, insects, arachnids, fish, birds, crustaceans, mollusks, etc.
Word Bank (examples) for listing characteristics: warm-blooded, cold-blooded, backbone, no backbone, hatched from eggs, live-birth, has wings, number of legs (2, 4, 6, 8, etc.), swims, flies, lives in water, lives on land, has hair or fur, rough skin, breathes with lungs
|clipart by www.graphicsfactory.com|