paper, science notebook, or index cards
bag or box
"WHO AM I?" RIDDLES are fun for kids to make up and help teach animal classification.
- Children should list 3 or more characteristics of a particular animal. (I like for students to use complete sentences.)
- Then under their descriptive clues, they should write, "Who am I?"
- On the back, they write their answer and/or sketch a picture.
- I am a warm-blooded animal.
- I have a backbone.
- I am the only mammal that can fly.
- Who am I?
Another variation is to make this a SCIENCE GAME using their stuffed animals.
|clipart by www.graphicsfactory.com|
- Children can put one of their stuffed animals in a bag or box.
- Then they hold up the bag/box and give the clues to the other players.
- Another child guesses. Students take turns giving clues and answers.