- 1 paper towel roll or 2 toilet paper rolls (It's great to recycle!)
- paint (optional)
- paper punch
- 3 chenille stems (pipe cleaners) white, silver, etc.
- Paint the paper towel roll, if desired (white or other color).
- Allow time for the paint to dry.
- Cut the paper towel roll into sections approx. 3/4 inch wide. You will need about 10 sections.
- Use the punch and punch 2 holes in each section. Each hole should be approx. 3/4 inch from the ends.
- Thread all of your sections through a chenille stem. Curve the stem into a circle and twist the ends together.
- Space the towel roll sections evenly on the chenille stem. This is the center of the snowflake.
- Combine 2 chenille stems and repeat the process of threading it through the holes in the outer areas of the paper towel roll sections. Twist the ends of the stems together to make your second (but larger) circle.
- Use an ornament hanger or string to hang your 3D snowflake on a tree, from the ceiling, in a window sill, etc.