- construction paper (green, brown, red, yellow, etc.) or white paper and crayons
- heart shapes (3 different sizes) for tracing
- paper punch (optional)
- Trace and cut 3 green heart shapes (small, medium, large).
- Trace and cut 1 brown heart shape (small).
- Turn the hearts upside down. Place the small brown heart on the bottom. That will be the tree truck.
- Place all 3 green hearts above the brown heart. Have the smallest green heart on top. Overlap the hearts.
- Glue the 4 hearts together.
- Finally decorate your tree. Have fun!
There are lots of great books for kids to read about Christmas and Christmas trees to go along with this craft activity.
Below is a sampling from Amazon.
Also, here is a link to some adorable, FREE Language Arts Activities (Adjectives and Writing Activities) from Collaboration Cuties to go along with this craft: