- are vertebrates (have a backbone)
- are cold -blooded
- live partly on land and partly in the water
- hatch from eggs
Ideas and Suggestions
- Have the students brainstorm any characteristics of amphibians that they already know. (See list above.)
- Share the above list of amphibian characteristics. (Older students can record this list in their science notebooks.)
- Have students brainstorm a list of animals that fit these characteristics.
- Read a book to students about amphibians or have older students read books individually or with a partner.
Books4Learning has a wonderful review of this book. You can read it here.
- After reading, have students share any new facts that they learned about amphibians.