- Machines make work easier for us.
- Simple Machines are the Wheel and Axle, Lever, Pulley, Inclined Plane, Screw, and Wedge.
- A Complex/Compound machine is made up of 2 or more simple machines.
- In the 1st column, list what the students think they Know about the topic.
- In the 2nd column, list what they Wonder about the topic. (They can list their questions about the topic here.)
- Save the chart until the topic/unit is complete. At that time the students and teacher together can fill in the 3rd column by listing what the children have Learned.
You can visit Learning Workroom's Website for a FREE KWL Chart to download.
Click Here: http://www.LearningWorkroom.com
Go to: Free Worksheets
After the 1st and 2nd column in the KWL chart are completed, the children could watch a slide show about Simple Machines on the Scholastic Study Jams Website.
Click Here: Simple Machines Slide Show
Plus, the children could watch a short video and learn a song about Simple Machines on the Gamequarium website.
Click Here: Simple Machines Song
If you need Simple Machines Word Wall Cards, I have a set at my TpT Store. Just click on the link below to get all the details.
|Simple Machines Word Wall Cards|
Have fun learning about Simple Machines!