A WEDGE is a simple machine that is 2 inclined planes joined together to form a sharp edge.
A wedge is used to split or cut things apart.
Examples: saw, nail, ax, knife, fork, spoon, even teeth can act like a wedge
- Read Books about Wedges
- Have students brainstorm and list objects that are a wedge. (saw, fork, nail, chisel, doorstop)
- Have students sketch/draw and label pictures of objects that are wedges.
- Have students look around the school/home for other examples of wedges.
- Have students look in magazines, catalogs, or online for pictures of objects that are wedges.
|Home Depot Catalog|
- View a video about wedges
- Visit websites about wedges
- Have students create a poster or slide show about wedges.
More Wedge Pictures
|The Bow of a Boat|