With the new Autumn Season, children have Halloween on their minds long before the BIG DAY! This craft project is a way to talk about the holiday, make a simple Halloween craft, and sneak in some math.
My last post gave directions for making a Pumpkin or Jack-O'-Lantern Clock with an orange paper plate. You can read that post here.
Today's post shows another inexpensive Pumpkin Paper Plate Analog Clock that kids can make with adult supervision using pumpkin stickers.
- paper plate
- 12 pumpkin stickers
- sharpie (marker)
- small pieces of foam or cardboard to make clock hands
- paint + paint brush (optional)
- Paint the front of the plate (optional).
- Stick 12 pumpkins stickers on the plate in the appropriate spots for the numbers.
- Label the pumpkin stickers (1-12),
- Draw and cut 2 "hands" for the clock.
- Carefully push the fastener through the hands then through the middle of the plate.
This clock can be used when learning to tell time or for lessons on elapsed time.
For children having difficulty with the hour and minute hand, it might be helpful to use different colors for the hands.
Enjoy this great season with its beautiful colors and weather! :)
Hope the kids have a great TIME making their clocks!