Features: A pyramid has 3 or more triangular faces and 1 base. It is named for the shape of its base.
Examples: triangular pyramid, square pyramid
- Read books about pyramids and other 3D Shapes.
- Have students observe a pyramid(s) manipulative(s) or picture(s) of a pyramid(s). Discuss its properties. Have students describe the features of a pyramid.
- Have students search their home or classroom to find any pyramid shapes.
- Have students create pyramids with arts and crafts materials.
- Have students use NETS (2D representations of 3D Shapes) of pyramids to create pyramid models.
Click here to get nets of triangular and square pyramids.
|Triangular Pyramid Net - (Tetrahedron)|
|Square Pyramid Net|